Tuesday 3 May 2011

My finished movie poster.

This is my finished movie poster for my short film. I am very pleased with it. The purpose of this poster is to promote the film generally. I have used layout very carefully, at the top of the poster is the film title, with a strap line beneath, the central image and the film details centred at the bottom. This follows the conventions of a normal film poster. I carefully chose my fonts, the title is used to create a stressful feeling due to the sharp and edgy look. The tagline is also in the same font as the title, but looks slighty different as its in smaller lettering, but has a creepy look and feel to it. My poster clearly anchors the meaning of the film as an adult, serious text which is in the thriller or suspense genre. This would attract the right target audience for my film. It also suggests that it is about voyuerism or looking into something, which suits my film very well and the image helps this to do so. When looking at this film poster you instantly know that the audience will be for adults, and the colour helps suggest this as there isn't a wide range of colour used, and no bright colours have been included. The use of dark and dull colour suits the genre of my film and by using these colours the audience instantly knows what sort of film it most likely to be. The image i chose to use and put on my poster suggests that its a thriller as the eye gives off the impression of that person or something being evil. I also edited this image by adding in the green pupil and red around the outside to help make the eye look hateful. The text is kept simple but still looks effective. The title 'Sedition' compliments the film with the idea of there being trouble. The tagline is catchy and goes with the story of the film well, it will also intrigue the audience into going and seeing it. As all film posters have, i've included the film information down at the bottom as its important to have this displayed, it also makes it look realistic. I am pleased with the end result of my poster as i believe it fits in with the genre of my short film and looks effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment